An air purifier equipped with both a true HEPA filter and an ultraviolet germicidal lamp is the best defense against a wide range of airborne diseases. When pathogens are drawn into the air purifier, they are trapped onto the surface of the true HEPA filter. An additional level of protection is then provided by the UV germicidal lamp when the pathogens are then flooded by the rays of the UV germicidal lamp which destroy their DNA, effectively killing them.
Air filtration using HEPA filters have become a critical weapon in the fight against the spread of SARS-CoV-2. The HEPA filter can trap the virus on the surface of the filter and prevent it from escaping back into the airstream. The fibers in a HEPA filter are designed to trap particles as small as 0.3 micron in diameter — just a tiny fraction of the width of a human hair. The UV germicidal lamp provides a critical extra level of protection by irradiating the virus. Airborne and aerosolized viruses, bacteria, mold, chemicals and particles go through powerful filtration for near complete removal.
• UVC radiation is a known disinfectant for air, water, and nonporous surfaces. UVC radiation has effectively been used for decades to reduce the spread of bacteria and viruses, such as tuberculosis. For this reason, UVC lamps are often called "germicidal"
• UVC radiation has been shown to alter the DNA of the SARS-Cov-2 virus. The alteration can lead to inactivation of the virus.
People spend more than a third of their day at work. Enclosed spaces such as workplaces can be a breeding ground for germs, bacteria, mold, chemicals and VOCs.
Investing in your employees’ health can have a positive impact on both your staff’s overall health and wellness as well as helping to decrease absenteeism for your organization.
• Reduce staff transmission of airborne viruses and bacteria.
• Reduce effects of Sick Building Syndrome caused by chemical contamination and inadequate ventilation. Sick Building Syndrome is a major occupational hazard causing headaches, nausea and respiratory illnesses.
• Clean air increases cognitive function and results in higher employee productivity levels.
As part of our new strategy of adapting to post-pandemic realities, we are launching a lineup of innovative air purifiers made by Airpura. These amazing devices feature HEPA filters that clean your indoor air against bacteria, viruses, and mold spores as well as airborne chemicals and particles.
MHCare Medical provides compliant medical PPE and consumable products to clients across multiple sectors. We’re known for our global procurement expertise ensuring fast, reliable delivery and hassle-free ordering. Contact us to learn more.